Before proceeding, to the steps below, IrfanView (a free imaging program that is useful for both resizing and cropping photos) must be uploaded on to your computer. If you do not currently have IrfanView, How do I download IrfanView (free image program useful for cropping / resizing images)? will walk you through the downloading process.
1. Once IrfanView has been Installed, the first step is to open the program. You may do so by double-clicking on the icon shown below on your desktop.
2. The next step is to open the photo that needs to be cropped. Click on the File tab and scroll down to Open, as shown in the picture below.
3. The picture shown below is the one I will be working on. In order to crop the image, left click the mouse and drag it over the area that you wish to be shown. The faint white box around ETSU in the picture below is what will be cropped.
4. Next click on the Edit tab and scroll down to the box that says Crop Selection.
5. The new cropped picture will now appear.
6. Now save the image under a new name, incase you need to use the pre-cropped image again. Click on the File tab and scroll down to Save As.