A great tool to use to resize or crop an image is Irfanview. In order to proceed the program can be downloaded in the following way:
1. Open the following site: www.download.com/IrfanView/3000-2192-10021962.html
2. Once inside the site click on the download Irfanview button shown below.
3. A box will appear screen that will ask if you would like to run or download the program, Click Run.
4. Look at the top of the screen below the internet address, if there is a box like shown below, right click on the box and click on Download File.
5. Next the box shown below will appear, allow the program to download the temporary files.
4. The box below may appear with a security warning, if it does, click on the Run
5. The setup box for Irfan View will now appear on the screen, click on the Next button at the bottom of the box.
6. Click the Next button at the bottom of the screen again.
7. The screen showed below will now appear. Click none, at the bottom of the box, followed by next.
8. Next, remove the checks beside the Google Toobar and the Google Desktop Search as shown below. Now click the Next button.
9. The screen below will now appear, click the Next button at the bottom of the box.
10. IrfanView has now been Installed. Click on the Done button in the corner of the box.
If you have access to the internet, a website is likely to pop up with the Frequently Asked Questions about IrfanView. If you wish to access this site later, the link is http://www.irfanview.net/faq.htm
In order to open IrfanView, the Icon shown below will be on your desktop. Double-click the icon.